Tuesday, June 23, 2015

I'm still alive!

Sorry that I didn't get an email written yesterday. President and Sister Fluckiger did a two-zone conference with us on our p-day and we didn't get time to do email, so today we get 15 minutes to write and say that we're still alive.... so, yeah. I'm still alive. :)

You all had a pretty good week it seems. How was the Devil's Staircase hike? I've never actually done that hike before. It can go on the to-do list for after the mission.

This week was a really good week... one of the weirdest weeks I've had but still pretty good. Every Saturday we get invited to lunch with a part-Brasilian family that just loves the missionaries. They're baptists but they love the missionaries and they care more about our work than a lot of the members do. Every week they teach us their baptist songs (which are actually quite a lot of fun to sing) and then they encourage us to keep going with our work of helping people learn about God. This Saturday I learned what it really meant that all churches have parts of the truth and such good people in them. Gloria the wife was singing while her husband was playing the guitar and Gloria just started crying because she could feel the Spirit. I don't know if it really makes sense what I'm trying to explain, but I realized that Heavenly Father loves all of His children no matter what religion they are and that is what He wants us to feel for them as well. Gloria and Marcos are really cool people. 

The conference yesterday with President and Sister Fluckiger was really good. It was kind of sad though too because it was the last time that we get to see President and Sister Fluckiger (but Sister Fluckiger gave me her address so that I can still write letters to her). They did a lot of trainings and practices and then Sister Fluckiger had us watch that short movie "The Touch of the Master's Hand." Oh boy... I just cried and cried and cried through the whole movie. For a surprise our zone did a musical number at the very end for President and Sister Fluckiger and they had me play the violin. The funny thing is that I haven't told people that I play the violin, but somehow one of the assistents, Elder Andrade, found out that I play the violin and called to let me know that I would be playing the violin. He doesn't play the violin, but he likes it so he bought one and brought it on his mission. It doesn't make sense to me, but he just brought a violin with him. Afterwards, he told me that he wanted me to keep it with me until the end of his mission so that I could use it and then in September when he goes home he'll come and get it from me. So, now I have a violin. HOORAY!!! It's a little beat up and it needs lots of love from someone who knows a lot more than me, but it still makes me happy. 

I've been speed typing and now I'm out of time. I don't have any pictures to send this week but I love you all and I loved the emails this week! They were so good! You're all just wonderful and I'm glad that you're all doing so well. 

Love,

Little Sister Smith

P.S. The two most awkward and most funny moments of my life ever happened this week: I got hugged by Marcos's Brasilian dad this weekend and then on Sunday I got given beijinhos by a guy.... normally I duck out of those things, but I don't know what happened. I kind of just froze in fearbecause I had no idea what was going on, but Sister Parkinson said the look on my face both times was the funniest thing ever. I thought it was horrible, but Sister Parkinson said it was super funny. I'll just take her word for it. 

Also, when President Fluckiger found out that I play the violin he looked at me and said, "We'll talk later." He told me I could keep the violin because it's an approved mission instrument. Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment