Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Daddy, if you thought the octopus was weird....

Octopus is nothing.... This week I ate snails. 4 of them. I don't have a picture to prove it, but Ana Cruz does and she thought it was really funny. The people in this ward think that it's just great to make me eat funny things and watch my reaction. It's fun. It makes life more interesting... but yeah, back to the snails. They actually aren't that bad... it's more the texture that kind of gets you. :) But I did eat them and I almost enjoyed them. Almost.

This week I don't have a ton of time because yesterday the library closed early and then the elders were all at the chapel doing email on the computer there, so now I have a chance to do some emailing. This week Xeca and Avelino are on vacation so they're not here... it's kind of lonely actually. It's really lonely without them. We're taking care of their fish and their canary while they're gone so we still call them once in a while. 

Zé is doing fine.... kind of. I don't actually know what to do with him. He's a 35 year old MMA fighter that doesn't actually want to do anything with the gospel and yet he's passing out copies of the Book of Mormon to his family members. Gabriel is still undecided about baptism. I also don't know what to do about him. We had a really great lesson with the Bishop and his wife and they were asking some pretty good inspired questions. Gabriel knows it's all true, but we still don't know for sure why he won't just take the next step and be baptized. Carlos.... well, Carlos is still avoiding all compromissos and when we try to really subtly do lessons with him he knows and always avoids it... and yet, he's reading in the Book of Mormon every night and praying.... I don't understand these people. I think right here I have one of the weirdest groups of investigators ever.... just pray for them please. I have no idea what to do with them. 

I'm out of time família.... I hope you're all doing well. I love you all! And I hope that you got some of the postcards that I sent!

Little Sister Smith
P.S. Yesterday we walked over the bridge "Ponte Luiz 1" again to go to Porto.... and then there's a picture of "the Great and Spacious Building" in our area. It's about a two minute walk from our apartment. :) Que bom. 



No comments:

Post a Comment