Monday, March 21, 2016

"And I think to myself... what a wonderful world..."

This week I don't even know what to say. It has been a very interesting week, full of opportunities to learn and have more faith and trust in Heavenly Father. This week I have learned a lot of lessons and I can't even begin to explain everything. I can feel a huge love for my Savior in my heart and a huge gratitude for the gospel in my life.

This week I had the opportunity to learn to have patience and love with investigators that don't understand the importance of what we're talking about. When they don't show up to appointments and they start rejecting telefonemas it's easy to start just seeing the bad in them and al the things they're going to have to change, and several times I wanted to drop a couple of investigators. This week I had a thought though, "How many times does God keep forgiving us and keep inviting us to return to Him even when we choose to turn away from Him?" Then I talked it out with Sister Regan and we decided that Heavenly Father loves our investigators more than we do and that He knows when and how they need to receive the gospel, even though normally it's not how we have it planned out in our weekly planning session. :) No matter how much faith we have, sometimes we have to remember that they have a precious gift called agency.... agency.... what a crazy idea. 

This week was a very special week in my mission. I've had the best studies of my whole mission and I've seen my own testimony growing in ways that I didn't think were possible, but it makes me so grateful every day for the gospel in my life. There were a lot of things that happened this week that reminded me of the importance of my Savior. It also helped me to realize that Jesus Christ atoned for everyone, even the people who choose to do bad things and reject Him. I feel a huge love for my Savior and I'm so grateful for this Easter week to remember my Savior. 

I love my Savior and everything that He did for me. I don't understand how He did it and I don't fully understand why, but I'm so grateful for His sacrifice and I love Him. 

I love you all and I hope that you remember the Savior more this week. Because of Him we can have the best lives ever. :)

Síster Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment